Saturday, July 5, 2008

Well...ITS OFFICIAL


On July 3, 2008 at approximately 1:05 pm, I got a call from my nana telling me that IT CAME! I got my mission call, and after waiting for about an hour and half...we had everyone gathered and my parents on the phone and we opened it.

I am called to the Brazil Recife Mission and I report to the Sao Paulo MTC on October 22, 2008. HOLY COW! I couldn't even believe it when I read it on the paper. I honestly thought I'd be going stateside. It was such a shock. I'm so excited, but also terrified. Can I seriously learn Portuguese? I guess only time will tell.

6 comments:

Kirsta and Morian said...

congrats on the mission call Melissa! good luck!

Rach said...

That is so cool! My Grandpa built the first chapel in Recife. And my hubby went to Sao Paulo Sul. You are gonna do great! I'm excited for you!

Trinbean said...

SO who guessed right???? Ohhh look like it was ME!!!!!

Sherri said...

Congrats melis! Oh I am soooo excited for you! I so wanted to go on a mission but that was not the plan. You are going to be an awesome missionary! You have such a strong testimony! See you at the reunion? Are you going?

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Congratulations! I am so jealous! I am soooo excited for you. Speak-a-day portugese? Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That's so awesome. We are so happy for you and so proud of you. The people will be very blessed to have you there!

Love ya
Bryan and Jana