Thursday, March 20, 2008

I'm going to WASHINGTON!!

Okay...so I did it. I bought a plane ticket to Washington! My friend, Joe Keyes, is getting married on May 10th. Lets be honest, I'm mostly going just to visit and thought his wedding was a good excuse to go. I mean, I love the kid to death, but since I haven't been endowed, I'm not even going to be able to be AT his wedding. Sad day. Anyway...I am SOO FREAKING EXCITED to go back! I haven't been there since I moved....5 YEARS AGO! I can't believe its been that long already. Its going to be totally different, but I'm excited to see how things have changed. I'm mostly excited about seeing all my friends again, and I know it won't be exactly like old times, but I'm sure it will be like we were never apart. Oh man, I love those guys!

I decided to post some pictures of why I love Oak Harbor other than the people.

The Golf Course. Oh how I miss the good ol' days of golf practice. We just LOVED to hate it. We would do all we could to just hang out in the pro shop instead of actually practicing...but we really did love to play. I won't be playing any golf when I go back, but I sure hope I get to see where I spent all my afternoons and evenings during golf season in high school.


DECEPTION PASS!!! Okay, so it really isn't that great of a thing. Its a bridge. Thats it. It sure is beautiful though. The view is AMAZING!


Of course....THE OCEAN! I loved living on an island. It is the most beautiful place I've ever lived. I miss it a lot.

The tulips! Every year Skagit Valley has a tulip festival. I was really hoping I'd be there for it this year, but it turns out that its just through the month of April. I guess if I'm lucky there will be some tulips left over in the fields. Oh, I just LOVED to drive to Mount Vernon during the tulip festival. The fields were just gorgeous and tulips, of course, are my favorite flower! :)

No comments: