Friday, June 15, 2007

Happy Fathers Day!

This post is for dear old dad :) Okay, so you're really not that old.

I just wanted to let you know that you are the greatest dad that anyone could ever ask for. You have always been such a great example to me and just a wonderful person all around. I love that we have so much in common that we can talk and joke about.


You've been so good at providing for our family, working hard to pay for the things we need. You've been so willing to serve this country. I am very proud of you for all you do, and I hope someday I can be as willing to serve others with the kind of heart you have.


I am very proud to have a father like you. You're simply the best! I love you very much and am so glad that we were finally able to go through the temple. Stay safe in Iraq and I'll see you when you get home!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Okay so I don't know when your Dad will be able to post a comment. I've been waiting for him to do it first. But I guess he still can't get to the blog. Anyway...You are such an awesome daughter. What a sweetheart. Reading the blog to your dad made me cry. I love you. Love Mom

DavidOrto said...

I love you too Melissa! That was a wonderful post. I don't know what else to say except that you are a wonderful daughter also. looking at those pictures in the post just reminds me how much you've grown and the wonderful woman you've become. Love you. Dad

Jodi said...

Okay This might be a family thing, but Im crying too. I loved the post. I think you are just a great family, and you are an example to all of us.. Love you all.