Monday, October 20, 2008

Officially a Missionary

Well, I was set apart as a missionary yesterday after church. (My stake pres is from Texarkana and thats about an hour and a half away and he was already going to be in Shreveport for a ward conference so he just set me apart yesterday instead of having to drive back today. It was so incredible. Everything he said I just knew was coming from the Lord. There were worries that he addressed in the prayer that the stake president didn't even know I had. It was just crazy. Anyway....I'm leaving at approximately 3 tomorrow afternoon to head to dallas and then off to Brazil. Holy cow! I can't believe the time has finally arrived. I'm going to miss everyone like crazy. I hope I get a few letters from y'all but if not...I'll still love you. :) Here is my address in case you DO want to write.
Brazil Missionary Training Center
Rua Padre Antonio D'Angelo 121
Casa Verde
02516-040 Sao Paulo SP
Brazil
I'll be at this address till almost Christmas and then I dont know what my new address will be. Hope to hear from you!

Till then, Peace out.

Love, Sister Ortolani :)

5 comments:

The Holmes Family said...

Good luck Melissa, we'll miss you at the family functions, but we'll see you again soon. Have fun, and make it worth it. Remember to tell who ever you e-mail to forward them to us.

Michelle said...

Good luck! I´m sure you´ll be a great missionary. It´ll be an awesome year and half...You won´t regret it.

Tony said...

Para bems! Espero que sua missao sera tudo que tenha sonhado! Boa Sorte!

Anonymous said...

I'm so excited! I'm definitely going to be writing you... :-)

Good Luck Sister Ortolani!!

Wendy said...

Congratulations Melissa, I'll miss you!! I'll for sure write and send cards okay, love ya to death!!!